Basic computer troubleshooting
Below is a listing of commonly asked figurer questions and answers, and basic troubleshooting steps for operating systems, software, and computer hardware. Go on in mind that this is a select few of the thousands of questions and answers in our database.
See our troubleshoot definition for a general overview of the steps that should be taken while troubleshooting a computer. If you lot’re confused on where to first, try our free online Mr. Hope utility or using our search engine at the top of any page.
Common Windows errors and how to fix them
- My figurer is running slow, what steps can I do to fix information technology?
- Windows freezes or stops responding frequently.
- What should I do when a computer freezes or locks up?
- Why does Windows restart without warning?
- How to fix Windows blue screen errors.
- How to fix missing Microsoft Windows .dll files.
- Why do Windows programs cease responding?
- How to regain reckoner hard bulldoze space.
- How to erase my hard drive and start over.
- How to shut down a calculator.
- How to ready problems in Windows after installing new software.
- How to fix a fatal exception mistake.
- How to prepare illegal operations on a calculator.
- How to gear up a general protection mistake.
- How to fix an invalid page mistake.
- What to do if my Windows reckoner starts ho-hum.
- How to prepare a “not a valid Win32 application” error.
- How to fix a divide or divide past zip error.
- How to fix Windows runtime errors.
- Issues relating to msgsrv32.
Bones software troubleshooting
- What is software?
- Bones software troubleshooting.
- Basic estimator game troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft Cyberspace Explorer troubleshooting.
- Bones Microsoft Windows XP troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft Windows 2000 troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft Windows ME troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft Windows 98 troubleshooting.
- Bones Microsoft Windows 95 troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft Windows 3.x troubleshooting.
- Basic Microsoft DOS troubleshooting.
- Full listing of all software-related questions and answers.
Basic hardware troubleshooting
- What is hardware?
- Why does my computer non work?
- Why does my computer turn off without warning?
- Why won’t my figurer turn on?
- Why does my computer non turn off?
- My computer is running slow, what steps tin I do to fix it?
- How to test for hardware failures in a computer.
- What is causing dissonance in my computer?
- How to gear up missing or lost sound in Windows.
- No display or black screen on a calculator monitor.
- How to troubleshoot printer bug.
- Mouse not detected or working in Windows.
- Why is my laptop mouse touchpad non working?
- Why don’t any keys on my keyboard work?
- How to exam computer memory to decide if information technology’s bad.
- How to examination a difficult drive for failures.
- How to examination a reckoner motherboard and CPU for failures.
- Why is my Wi-Fi not working?
- Bones network troubleshooting.
- How to test a reckoner CD-ROM and DVD drive for failures.
- How to troubleshoot microphone issues.
- General scanner troubleshooting.
- Why does my calculator non turn off?
- How to troubleshoot floppy deejay drive issues.
- How to fix Windows error ‘Data or no deejay loaded’ with audio CD.
- Full list of hardware-related questions and answers.