Being able to share your Wi-Fi password on iPhone has been a long-time perk for iOS users, only some may forget how to utilise the handy feature, and instead accept to type in a lengthy password that’due south susceptible to annoying mistakes. Luckily, all you lot need is the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS installed and you’ll be able to share away.
If you’re tired of punching in elaborate passwords every time you visit friends and family, observe out how to share your Wi-Fi countersign on your iPhone and other Apple devices.
- How to detect a Wi-Fi countersign on Android
- How to find your iPhone — recover your lost iOS device
- Best Apple deals of 2022
As previously mentioned, you’ll demand to make sure you have the latest version of iOS installed on the devices you lot’re trying to share a Wi-Fi countersign with. You’ll also need to brand sure that both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on in Settings, and turn off Personal Hotspots.
For the share Wi-Fi password characteristic to work, you lot’ll too need to brand sure the electronic mail address you’re using for your Apple ID is saved in the other person’south contacts, and vice versa. Keep both devices in close range, and follow these steps:
- Open and unlock the iPhone sharing the countersign.
- On the device looking to connect to Wi-Fi, open Settings and navigate to the Wi-Fi carte du jour.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you desire to connect to.
- The iPhone volition automatically discover the device, and a pop-up window will ask if you want to share the Wi-Fi password with the other device. Tap “Share Password.”
- One time, continued, tap “Done.”
There you take it. This saves you or anyone coming over to your home time when typing in a lengthy Wi-Fi password. The share password ability works beyond multiple Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and MacBook.
While it’s tempting to change your default Wi-Fi password to something simpler, information technology’due south important to keep your network secure from malicious threat actors. Find out the all-time ways to generate a strong password on our all-time password managers page.