(Image credit: Spotify)
“How to reset Spotify password,” as of this writing, is one of the nearly searched queries on the Google search engine. We’re non sure why in that location’s an uptick of Spotify users seeking guidance on how to refresh their credentials, but nosotros’re not here to pry — we’re here to assistance.
You lot may have the Spotify app on a mobile device and/or desktop platform, merely the optimal fashion to reset your password is to use the spider web app. Check out our piece of cake, footstep-by-stride instructions below.
- The all-time laptops of 2022
- How to abolish Spotify — no, you lot can’t practice it within the app
- The all-time Chromebooks of 2022
How to reset Spotify password if you can’t access your account
If you tin’t log in to your Spotify business relationship, at that place’south an piece of cake way to reset your password.
ane. Go to Spotify’s “Reset Your Password” page.
2. Insert your email or username into the field.
3. Interact with the reCAPTCHA element to show you’re human being.
A new page will announced to inform y’all that a message will be sent to the email associated with your Spotify account.
five. Open the email and click on the
half dozen. Input your new password into the “New countersign”
field. Re-type the password under
“Echo new password.”
seven. After interacting with another reCAPTCHA element, hitting
You should be proficient to go!
How to reset Spotify countersign on a mobile device
Whether you lot downloaded Spotify from Google or Apple’s app shop, you cannot utilise information technology to reset your password. Instead, you must use your browser to access Spotify’s web version to succesfully reset your password.
1. Input the Spotify URL into your mobile browser: https://open.spotify.com/
ii. Tap on the gear icon located in the top correct.
3. Tap on
“View Business relationship.”
4. Open the drop-down menu to reveal more options. Tap on
five. Input your current password followed by your new password. To ensure there are no typos, input your new password under “Echo new password.”
six. Hit “Set New Password.”
How to reset Spotify countersign on a desktop
You lot may have the Spotify desktop app, but you can’t use it to reset your countersign. Similar to Android and iOS users, you’ll have to use the Spotify web app to refresh your credentials.
i. Fire upwardly your browser and input the following URL: https://open.spotify.com/
2. Click on your username (located on the top right) and select
on the left console.
4. Type in your current countersign. Next, input your new countersign.
5. Finally, retype your new password,
Repeat New Password.
Ready New Password.