Disaster recovery is most ofttimes seen as a “nice to take” service instead of a “must-take” service past most organizations however today. Yous may hear many reasons why disaster recovery is not on their radar. But the truth is far from whatever their reasons are.
Reality of cyberattacks on businesses
Modest and Medium Businesses(SMBs) commonly seem satisfied with their minimal data fill-in. However, that is not enough. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) need to make their SMB clients understand that disaster recovery is an extra step to make the SMB applications upward and running quickly after an outage has occurred.
Making clients aware of the need for disaster recovery is a claiming for MSPs and they can overcome it past making clients realize the value of their data, systems, and applications. For disaster recovery to work, there must be a platform that
- includes latest copies of the organization’s data
- has processing capabilities
- delivers automated availability of near critical data, systems, and applications of the arrangement
MSPs can sell Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to whatever business as anyone tin can autumn prey to disasters. Industries that rely on mission-critical applications, data and regulatory compliance tin can be a skilful target market place to implement a disaster recovery program.
Why organizations should invest in disaster recovery
Most organizations think that they will non encounter cyberattacks ever. MSPs need to dispel this fake belief of their clients. The focus should not be whether any outage will occur or non. Instead, exist gear up with disaster recovery solutions when an outage occurs.
Organizations should invest in disaster recovery because that will:
- Minimize the bear upon of any disaster if occurred
- Promote continuous employee productivity
- Increase cost-effectiveness
- Meet compliance and regulatory requests
- Instant recovery
- Reduce the operation reanimation
- Reduce financial losses
- Lower liability obligations
- Minimize the risk of negative exposure
- Facilitate crunch management
MSPs should describe the different threats that tin can atomic number 82 to outages. By explaining the internal and external threats, MSPs volition exist able to sell disaster recovery services to their clients.
Threats leading to outages
How MSPs can make revenue from DRaaS
MSPs tin can easily sell disaster recovery services to their existing clients.
- DRaaS is cost-efficient and tin be started immediately without having to add, acquire, or manage another platform.
- It will strengthen client relationships and increment client retentiveness. It will give MSPs a better competitive positioning along with increased revenue.
- Projection disaster recovery as a must-have for organizations by quantifying the cost of disaster recovery confronting the costs of the inability to continue with daily business operations.MSPs can sell cloud disaster recovery solutions owing to the ease of utilise, agility, rapid recovery features of cloud computing. This will eliminate the need for additional data center or machines.
- Some other key advantage of deject DR is that most of the expenditure is considered as operating expenses than capital expenses.
MSPs can generate additional revenue by offer additional managed services with disaster recovery similar employee disaster training, workflow process mapping (pre, during and post), documentation. training, maintenance and upgrades, testing, reporting, audit back up, and off-site desktop, call eye, and emergency control center.
Epitome and source credits: Acronis
Also read: Managed services move towards digital transformation : Country of managed services 2022 Report